Friday, March 17

FLORIDA BABY!!

After a few days of crappy Mississippi, we headed to Florida last night. We arrived in the dark, found our hotel, got some drinks, sat by the pool and just relaxed. The kids' main concern was getting into their suits and jumping in the pool. It was chilly, they said, but worth it!

Today should be better, it's already in the upper 70's, and it's only 8:30 in the morning. I don't know yet what our plans are for the day, a whole lot of relaxing, I'm sure. I do know that the kids want to walk on the beach and collect shells. We should do that soon, before they're all gone, picked clean by other visitors. But I just can't seem to get JP out of bed. I think he's finally realized that he can rest and be a lazy bum. After so long with Army idiots telling him what to do and when to do it, I figured it would take him a day or so to get used to doing his own thing in his own time again. I'm willing to let him, too. It's nice to see him so relaxed. He deserves it.

Our hotel is pretty decent. That was my biggest worry. I had found them online, and even tho they had pics, I was worried that it was misleading etc. Turns out it's pretty nice here. Both rooms have little kitchenettes, so we can do a little cooking here, save some money that way. All the beds have those memory foam mattresses, very nice. It's a little "spring break"y here though, some people above Gina and the kids were up all night partying. I think my kids need to be loud and have fun at the pool early this morning. It's right outside all the rooms, in the center of the motel. I'm sure those hung over drunks won't mind 3 loud kids... jerks.

Obviously, our hotel also has internet, so I should be able to post each night of our vacation. It will be nice to have it here to look back on when I miss him alot. Right now he is on the bed behind me watching that show on TLC that he likes. I almost wish this motel didn't have TVs in the room. When we were in Mexico, our hotel didn't have one, and it was nice. JP and I spent more time together, out there doing things. I worry that he will want to spend a ton of time in here vegging in front of the TV. But then again, is he sitting there wishing I'd get my ass off the computer?
gotta go!

No comments: