Wednesday, March 8

Good Report

I got an A from the dentist today. And a green light for my braces on the 28th...yippee. Alex got a good report, too. He has 6 baby teeth left, and 4 of them are either very loose, or will be coming out shortly. No cavities, though, good boy! Emma has one little cavity on a baby tooth. It's not a tooth that's coming out soon, so Dr. Erik suggested a filling. Eric has a cavity between 2 of his baby teeth, also not coming out soon, so two fillings are required there. I will call tomorrow to make their appointments.

I called today to make the KIA's check up before the big drive. She will go in Friday afternoon for an oil change, tire rotation, fluid fill, everything they can think of! I wonder if they do cleaning, too! Interior detailing would be great!

My wedding ring should be done tomorrow. The lady at the jeweler's was very impressed with the diamond I brought in to have set in my ring. It was the diamond that dad picked for mom over 35 years ago. She said he had very good taste, it was "an exquisite stone, virtually flawless". I think dad should know that. Plus I think he deserves to know that the diamond will now be worn every day by a woman he loves... as he intended it to be.

I had a message on my voicemail tonight from my aunt Diane. She had tried to call mom, but her phone has been disconnected. I never call her land line, so I guess she decided she didn't need it anymore. Diane was hoping that mom was up here already. Mom had told me that Diane was wondering when mom's auction would be, that she would like to come up for it. I hope she doesn't find out when it is. I understand mom's feeling on this one. I would be a bit hurt by that request, too. Diane never managed to make it up to mom's when things were going well, to celebrate the family get-together last summer. But now, when mom is at a low point in her life, Diane is eager to come and watch like some disgusting rubber-necker at a car accident. I'm sure Diane does not mean it that way, but I can see how it looks like that to mom.

JP called tonight. I think he's getting anxious. He already talked me into leaving a day sooner than I had originally planned. I think if he had his way, we'd be there NOW.
Today is the 15 year anniversary of JP's and my first date. I love him so much, he remembered. He knew what the day was, and he knows it is a very special day to me. If nothing else in my life, at least I can say I met and married the original Mr. Right.

I've decided to wait to leave McDonald's until the kids get out of school. Their last day is Friday, May 26th. I'm pretty sure that will be my last day there. Hopefully by then I will have more information on Menard's. Or maybe a little info on the tech school and their accounting classes. Wow, I will look silly, braces and college... middle aged men get convertibles and little blond bimbo arm candies to go through their midlife crises, I go the metal mouth co-ed geek route. I think somehow I'm getting the shaft!

Hailey and Comet need to go out and I need to go to bed. Hopefully JP will let me use his laptop next week so I can update this while we are in Mississippi and Florida.

No comments: