Saturday, March 11

I Do, Again

I picked up my wedding ring today. If possible, I think it's even more beautiful. Maybe it's just because it's so clean. It hasn't been for a long time. They replaced the Tiffany setting for the main diamond, and replaced the missing one with the one from mom and dad. They also fixed the prongs on the six outer diamonds, so they won't pop out either. Then they soldered the sides down, one side had bent up years ago, and of course I didn't do anything about it.
I just can't stop looking at it. I forgot how beautiful it was, I'm so happy to have it back.

I helped Emma get packed today. Her bag is done, and now is in my room, so she can't add any unnecessary items to it. I already took out a bunch of crap that was just taking up space. And she hadn't packed enough clothes either, so I helped her pick out a few other things to bring along. I did the same with Eric, he's just got one pair of jeans in the dryer that need to go into his bag, then he's done, too.
I have mine pretty much done, just a few last minute things I need to add. I also have a bag just for bathroom things, and I will pack that Sunday after I shower and use it.

I have to get the maps together yet, and the printouts from the hotels. I have a little booklet ready for that, to keep it all together in the KIA. I also cleaned that out today, while the girls were outside playing. I have to get the cooler out there, make sure we can plug that in the AC outlet somewhere without having a cord running across the kids. I have to go to the grocery store tomorrow to pick up the last minute things, I thought Lunchables would be good for the kids for lunches, small, entirely garbage when done, easy to fit in the cooler.

I have to bring the budget book along, since a payday falls in there. How nice, to sit on the beach, sipping a daquiri and pay bills. I guess it beats sitting HERE and doing it.

Maybe I'll add more later, JP is on IM now...

I talked to JP a bit. After this many years together, I'm amazed at how much we think alike. He told me I should shovel snow away from the house on the west side, to help minimize the flooding. I had already had Alex out there doing it on Thursday. That happens alot, he suggests something that I've already done, or checked into. Like the proof of insurance and vehicle registration for the KIA that I will need to show at the gate to Camp Shelby. I knew that from the Thanksgiving visit, so I had already checked into it, and yes, I have the paper. He asked yesterday if I could find it. It's just another indication that he and I belong together. We think alike.

Did you hear that Army??? He and I BELONG TOGETHER!! STOP FUCKING WITH IT!! He and I were meant to be together, not hundreds of miles apart only able to communicate by computer or telephone. I know that he had the military before he had me, but one day, one day very soon, he will tell you to screw off, and he will spend the rest of his life with me. I win.

No comments: