Monday, March 27

Not so long

I was really worried that it would be weeks before I heard from JP. Last night at 11, as I was about to drift off to sleep, he called from Kuwait. I forgot the main rule about calls like that ALWAYS SAY YOUR 'I LOVE YOU's AT THE BEGINNING OF THE CALL!! You never know when you will get cut off. I forgot, we didn't say it, and we got cut off. I went to sleep in tears.

He called my cell phone this morning. As luck would have it, I was standing right next to it, even though I was at work, and I grabbed it and told my boss"Sorry, it's my husband, don't be an ass" and walked away. He was calling to give me the best news. He found a way for his cell phone to still work over there. He has some kind of plan that has 60 minutes of calling time, but 200 minutes of incoming call time. So I went and bought an international calling card, and in a few minutes, I will use it and see if I can call my husband.

I had a pretty crappy day at work, but when I got home, even though I was very tired, the kids were working away on their chores, and their homework. It inspired me to push through the exhaustion and get my laundry done, go to the grocery store, and run out to cellone and cancel JP's cell modem hookup.

Tomorrow morning I will be getting metal glued to my teeth. (How do they really put them on? Is it glue?) I guess it's a small price to pay (NO, it isn't!) in the big picture of life, this is a short time to have to deal with braces.

I'm going to go make a phone call now before I go to bed, and see if I can wake my husband up. I think they're about 9 hours ahead of us.

No comments: