Friday, March 3

the little things

Had a short day at work, since the kids were off school. It was kind of nice. I did alot of running errands, and spent alot of time either in the office, or out of the building, so my 5 hour shift included maybe 2 hours of actually being on the floor, and those 2 hours were sprinkled throughout the 5 hours. I get to do it again next friday, too. My last day of work before I go see JP, and it's a short day, off by 11 a.m.! Very nice!

After work I took the boys out to get their hair cut. They both hated it, and I think Alex hated me for a bit there. But they both look better, that's the main thing. While we were out at Walmart, we did some shopping for the trip. We picked up things for the kids to keep busy and keep them from driving me insane for 24 hours trapped in the van.

Mom talked with an auctoneer today. They're setting up the auction for April 7th. Steven and I will be able to be there, mom will stay up here with the kids and wait for me to deliver a check. I hope it will be a big one.

I went to a jeweler today to see about fixing my wedding ring. I took the necklace with mom and dad's diamond to replace mine. I'm also getting repairs done to hopefully keep this from happening again. They told me it should be done before we go down to Mississippi. That's all I ask.

My favorite watch, the scooby doo one, is getting pretty rough. The crystal is all scratched up, the band loops are almost falling off, it's in bad shape. I was dreading having to go out to Walmart and pick out some crappy random p.o.s. watch to replace it. Got a wild thought earlier tonight though. I went to Ebay and did a search on "scooby doo watch" and I FOUND THE EXACT SAME WATCH!! Life is so good to me sometimes. Funny, my husband is gone, my kids fight like cats and dogs, my job sucks ass, and suddenly a simple watch can just brighten my day.

I have to cut it short tonight, I just got an email from half.com, another sale to get ready to ship out.

No comments: