Thursday, March 9

Bad reports, bad day

Tonight was conferences for all 3 kids.
I went to Alex's first. There isn't much improvement to report. But there will be. I talked with Mrs. Harrier and Mr. Zamzo, his homeroom teacher and his math teacher. We are working on a plan to involve me more, using the internet and emails and somehow I feel like I'm taking the 6th grade all over again. Well, whatever it takes, just so Alex doesn't have to take the 6th grade over again!
Eric was next. His spelling is still a concern, his reading has greatly improved, and his temper issues came to a head just yesterday. I am working with the councelor to get Eric seen by a child psychologist first, and if that's not the problem, then it's off to see a medical doctor. I don't know if it's an emotional problem or a chemical imbalance, but it has to be fixed, and soon.
My last visit was with Emma's teacher and the school speech therapist. Emma is reading at a grade and a half above her current grade level. Her science needs a bit more at home attention, and her attention span is lacking, usually after a visit from or to daddy. Mrs. Moen noticed it in September, right after JP left, and again in January after he left. She is concerned that this trip to see him next week will send her back into her downward spiral. Also when Emma returns to school, she will start seeing the speech therapist twice a week to work on her "r"s and her "s"s. right now she sounds like a combination of Elmer Fudd and Cindy Brady.
All in all, it was a hideous night. Not even mentioning Comet peeing on the rug because I was running all over for conferences and forgot to get the girls outside.

And then there's the spring thaw in the downstairs bedroom. The room mom was about to move into. Thank god she hadn't yet, or we'd have to move her OUT before we could do any repairs. The carpet will have to come up and most likely some of the drywall will have to come off. I don't know why things happen like this when he leaves... Murphy's Law kicking my butt yet again.

I did get one bit of happy today. I got my scooby doo watch in the mail. It's perfect. Oh, and since JP, mom and Tamie are the only ones who read this, I guess it's ok to mention the other thing I got today that made me happy. Got a visit from bitchy aunt flo, so at least she will be gone by next Tuesday when I see JP. She will not be joining us on the beaches of Florida!! YIPPEE!

The kids don't have school tomorrow, and I work a short shift in the morning. I'm going to get some errands run tomorrow, including getting the KIA in for her physical. I didn't hear from the jewelry store about my ring today, so I'm going to stop in tomorrow when I get off work to see if it's done. I want it done so I can wear it down to see him.

I have to go to bed, I work at 6 a.m. Someday my life will be normal. Someday my life will be calm. Someday my life will be uneventful. If I keep saying it, maybe I will believe it.

No comments: