Friday, March 17

First day in FLA

Our first day in Florida can be described in one word... although I will ellaborate. That one word? LOBSTERS. Our milky white Minnesota skin is in shock after months of not seeing the sun... too much of a good thing too quickly. Bring on the aloe!!

We started the day slowly. Lounged in bed, kept the kids waiting. They wanted beach and they wanted it NOW! We finally got it together and walked down to the public beach area. The first hour or so was spent OOO-ing and WOWing over found shells in the surf. The kids were thrilled to hear that I would allow them to bring some home. Then the piling began. I have reminded them several times today that we will go through the shells at the end of the trip, and narrow down the selections. There is no way we are bringing 35 lbs of shells back to Minnesota. First off, where the hell would we put them? The KIA is very packed, especially when we get JP in there, too. It was tight on the way down, but it was almost unbearable from Mississippi to here. We are off now, after dinner. It's St. Patrick's Day, and were going to sit outside and have a few drinks. Right here at the hotel, keep the kids as far away from the drinking spring breakers as possible. Skanky lookin' girls and guys who think they are God's gift to the female anatomy are just not what my kids need to see too much of. Wow, I'm getting old, I actually scowled at some guys today for their potty mouths in front of my kids.

We went to a crab shack for lunch, then back to the hotel where the kids jumped in the pool for the hottest part of the day, stayed in shady areas. Late afternoon was back to the beach, more shells. We were all pretty red by then. We came back to the hotel and cleaned up, then went to dinner. That brings us to now

The trip is costing alot, but I knew it would. I am trying not to worry, but I can't help it. I know what it's going to be like when I get home, back to reality, and I don't think JP has a concept of it. I doubt he's thinking of it, I don't blame him. But I'm about ready to start ordering soup and water for my meals to balance everything out. Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I would rather be paranoid than wrong, and screwed in debt here.

Time to crack open a Mike's and enjoy the night air, it is lovely.

No comments: