Tuesday, March 7

Counting the days

I think it's a good thing that I've got so much going on this week, otherwise I think the week would take forever to get done! Tomorrow the kids and I have dentist's appointments. Thursday night I have conferences for all 3 kids. Friday is the Parent's game with the U10 girls. Saturday is, I think, the final hockey game. We aren't sure because we don't know if Bagley even has a team! If they do, we will play them, if not, our girls have the ice, so maybe a rematch against the parents!

Mom is coming up on Thursday with a load of stuff, spending the night, then taking Alex back with her. They will spend the day Friday packing stuff up, then come back up here on Saturday. We have two weekends after we get back from Florida before her auction, and I think we will spend those weekends down at her place, packing, sorting and cleaning. I'd love it if either mom's tax woman or someone who comes to the auction would make an offer on her house. Even better- how about a bidding war between tax lady and some random auction attendee! I know it would make her sad, but I think the load off her shoulders and mind (not to mention budget!) would more than make up for that.

I have started packing, clothes and kids' fun bag stuff. I still want to make a packet of things like driving directions, hotel information and the Shelby itinerary. I let Gina drive the KIA last night. Sort of a practice run. I think she will be fine. I was even able to make a couple of cell calls while she was driving.

I'm a little worried about my girls being naughty for mom. I know how Hailey likes to run off before coming in for the kids. I think she does it to the kids because they rush the girls. Mom knows better. I'm also hoping that Zoey and Kate will help keep my girls in line.

I can't wait to see him. Just to see him and throw my arms around his neck and kiss him. I know I will have to wait my turn though... the kids can run faster than me! I worry a little about Gina feeling left out of the whole "family" thing. But the kids just love her, and she does understand what her role in this trip is, hell, she suggested it!

We leave in 5 days. I will be in his arms in less than 7 days (its 7 days from today... minus about 10 hours!!) I miss him so much that it hurts. Well, normally, it hurts, this week, it's just incredible excitement... I can't wait!!

No comments: