Sunday, November 2

Lucky Number 6

I did a post back on the day of the Kentucky Derby, about 6 being my lucky number...remember?

Well, today I have another reason to love the number 6.

Last night I was whining to mom about having to break down and buy new jeans. I have slowly been replacing my work pants, as money allowed. But I just bought a new belt to cinch up my jeans. I HATE buying new jeans. Such a pain to find ones that aren't so low rise but not up in my ribs, and are long enough in the leg, and aren't too tight in the thigh (my 'usual' tight spot!)

She said "Go in my closet... well, hell, " and she jumped up and grabbed a bunch of jeans out of her closet. Jeans that didn't fit her anymore (skinny bitch is baggy in 4's and 2's!) She said I should try on these, and whatever I wanted, I could have. There were 5 pairs of size 10's... Levi's. That's what I'm currently swimming in, but these are a different cut, and they fit great!

And then!! And then!
The other two pair were size 6.
And they fit me.
Hear that? I got my ass into size 6's.
WITHOUT having to lay on the bed to zip them! No problem zipping them AT ALL!!

I remember once (ONCE!) in my Senior year of high school, being able to squeeze (laying on the bed to zip them) into an 8... and that only lasted about 2 weeks. I was 18. I am now 36 AND three ginormous kids later.
In a 6.

Life is good I tell ya!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't it funny how that number carries SO much weight in how we feel about ourselves? Pardon the pun.

Congrats...6 is a GOOD place to be.

Scott from Oregon said...

I'd like to get into a six 'bout now... heh heh...

Nikky said...

Yeah, but Scott, I bet the six you're referring to is a SIX PACK... or, even lower into the mind-gutter, you'd like to get into a woman's pants, that happen to be a size 6... so which is it? LOL