Wednesday, November 26

Answer Amanda's questions

She asked in the comments a couple of days ago, so here's the answer:

I hate rejection, but I hate being lied to... so there's the rub. THAT is why I will most likely never see my name on a book in Borders or Barnes & Noble.
Then there's this:
How funny is it that my mom is my best friend, my husband is the love of my life, and my brother is well... Steven, and HE is the first one to get a chance to read it? So very wrong. There, there's another reason why I wish I could suck it back away from him.
You know what I'm afraid it is? What I'm afraid the REAL REASON is that I sent it to him? Not because he asked me... but maybe, just maybe I am still seeking his approval. As much as I like to run my mouth (and my brain) about how I am SO OVER being his little sister in his big shadow... well, shit, wouldn't it just SUCK ass if all that was for nothing? What if I really still am?

shit. now I put myself into a pissy mood.

Happy Thanksgiving Y'all! (and I really mean that, I wasn't being sarcastic or nuthin'!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you've had a good day.

One post could lead to another with you and my nosey questions. lol Why have you always been in your big brother's shadow? Is he a famous writer? His opinion of your book matters more than your mother or husbands? Does he relate to writing more and the energy it takes to do something so creative? Is there a lot of competition between you two?