Tuesday, November 18

Being sick makes me pissed off

I felt fine this morning, hell, I felt fine at lunchtime!
This afternoon, I started to sneeze... then my throat felt a little... raw.

And now I am full blown sick.
I went out after work and bought $30 worth of drugs. Nyquil, Zycam, pills, vitamins, herbal crap, vitamin C, and some shit that goes into a glass of water and... effervesces... like Alka-Seltzer, only with a nasty orange-ish flavor.

Anyway, I'm cuddled up with a big fleece blankie and vegging in front of the TV. I'm so pumped full of meds, I'm actually either feeling better, or just too doped up to care!
I do not miss work when I'm sick.
It's just not what I do. I am not one of those people. I will suck it up and work through it.
Of course, I don't get 'really' sick either, no flu, no bronchitis crap here, just awful body-dragging colds... just one or two per winter, so maybe I should be pleased to be done with this one so early in the season...

Or not, I'm just pissed off. I HATE being sick.

1 comment:

Scott from Oregon said...

Me too.

I get mad like I've been "caught", not that I caught something.

I always feel under a net when I'm sick.