Tuesday, November 18

Bad bank employee

I feel so naughty.

I am being unfaithful to my bank.
I just finished opening an online savings account through another bank.
I had to!!
My bank has a savings account with a miserable .70% interest rate. Yes, that was POINT SEVEN ZERO! Not even a full one percent!

I did some online checking and found a bank (the one who also happens to 'really' own my home) that offers 3.75% with NO minimum to start and NO minimum to maintain that 3.75%... well, ok, it's not "NO" minimum, it's $1... and holy crap, if I can't keep one dollar in that account, then I need more help than an online savings account can do!

It felt so good to do the transfer this morning, from 'my' bank (my employer) to this other one... felt like I really DID something constructive with my money. Also there is the time factor. This makes my savings tougher to dip into. Yes, I can transfer it to my checking at any time, but it would take a couple of days to become available, etc, so NO CHANCE for impulse spending of the SAVINGS... isn't that the whole point of saving... TO SAVE!!

I feel really good about this... dealing (responsibly) with my money makes me content...
*sigh*

No comments: