Thursday, November 27

I'm a bad designated driver

Tonight JP and I went out and met HIS friends and their wives at a comedy show. It was really great, both comedians were so funny!

I had offered, a week ago, to stay sober, drink diet soda all night, since I have to work in the morning, and JP has the day off, and they are HIS friends.

So I did that. A group of about 20 of us, me being the only sober (and cold) one in the bunch. What is the deal with that? The bar was friggin' freezing! See, I think it was chilly, but nobody else seemed to notice because they all had booze coursing through their veins.

But about 11, I was BORED, see, the wives of JP's friends and I don't really talk, we don't have much in common, and they've all been friends for years, and I always feel like an outsider around them. And I was actually getting sick to my stomach from all the Diet Coke (yeah, I had to drink THAT SHIT because the bar doesn't carry Diet Pepsi.

So I left JP there and came home. He knew I was going, I didn't just bail on him, and he stayed with my blessing and I told him to call me if he needed a ride after all. Members of the big group had said they'd get him home, but I told JP not to accept a ride from them if they'd been drinking, and he is a smart guy, he knows that.

I have to run out tomorrow morning before I go to work. Yes, I have to participate in Black Friday crap. Just a little, but still, what a pain in the ass. JP was going to go with me, but judging by his condition when I left the bar, I doubt very much he will feel like being out and about at 5 am.

It's midnight, and I should go to bed now, the bars close at 2am, so I guess I will get 2 hours of sleep, drive across town and back, and then get a few more hours... terrific. But I AM the D.D., so it's kind of my job.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was shopping at midnight, NEVER AGAIN!!!

I wish you were here, I've got a diet Pepsi in my fridge that Mr. Wonderful's mom brought when she stayed with us. No one here will EVER drink it, and she has gone home.