Monday, November 3

I'm getting new bowling shoes

I use the rental shoes at the alley every week.
Tonight I EARNED the right to get my own. I bowled so friggin' good.
My average went up 2 from last week, sitting at 128, that makes me happy.
It will go up again.
Got a 118, meh, whatever.
I also got a 157, nice, beat the pants off everyone else on our team, AND the team we were bowling against.
I had my best game ever tonight.
Didn't leave an open frame until the 9th, then made up for it in the tenth with a strike and a spare.

180. No shit.

In other news, tomorrow is THE BIG DAY. I am thinking I will go to the gym first thing, then get the kids ready and out the door, then head out the door myself. TO GO VOTE. Yeah, that's right, before work. Polls open at 8am, and I don't have to work until 9:15. I remember a line last time, during the "after work" hours of 3 to 6 or so. I'm hoping to get in early, besides, they give out those cute little "I voted" stickers, and I want to wear mine to work.

The best news is that Wednesday I don't have to be in to work until 10 am, so I can stay up late as the returns come in. Then I have a meeting Wednesday night at work, should run til about 7. I am SO looking forward to that. Of course, assuming that things go as planned tomorrow.

Then I have Thursday and Friday off, with Friday being my best friend's birthday. I have to run out and pick up her gift, I KNOW what it is, just have to find it now. I'm concerned that it may require a run to Fargo, I've been looking around town and haven't found it yet... grrrrr.

I'm about ready to tell JP to stop with the remodeling until he finishes one project. He hasn't finished the living room trim (remember all the pictures this summer? He's STILL not done!) and he started putting plastic on the living room windows for the winter... THAT'S still laying around half done.

And then there's the freezer/tool room project, that has suddenly expanded to include the entire laundry room.

Enough is enough.
Just finish something.
Something.
Anything, really?

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I was all set to comment earlier, but then lunchtime hit and I had to leave my desk!

You will love having your own shoes, guaranteed.

You've been bowling so good lately - I read three sets of scores in posts over the last few weeks and you've had some great games. Keep it up!