Monday, June 30

iPod ready, and the Next Step

This weekend was very productive in one way:
I got my iPod ready to go to the gym with me! I couldn't find the earbuds before,(thanks for cleaning your room, Emma!) and then I was also missing the USB cord, just bought a new one of those.

PLUS

I got an armband thingy for it. I was worried I wouldn't be able to find one, since my Nano is "old"... meaning it's a year and a half old... but it's the old style, long and skinny instead of almost square like the new Nanos. But I got one and got my Nano all charged up and ready to go.

So tomorrow morning I can work out without having to be bored to tears trying to read the closed captioning on ESPN or C-SPAN, which are the channels they have on at the gym. They have these TVs up right in front of the elliptical that I use, and while I HAVE to have something to keep me from staring at the countdown timer, those channels just don't do it for me.

I have been going to the gym for most of the month of June, my "weigh in" date is coming up on Sunday. I already know that I haven't really made much progress, so I am stepping it up a bit.

The first step was joining the gym in the first place. My plan was that if I didn't see any decent results within the first month or two, I would take another step... that step is my diet. Now, I don't mean diet, as in South Beach or Adkins, or anything dumb like that, because as the commercial says "Diets Don't Work"... no, I am talking about what I eat, my DIET. It's not great. When I'm hungry and I want a snack, I eat junk. Well, no longer. I am not saying I will cut chocolate out of my life, that can't happen. Not if I am to continue to live.

But I bought apples (yeah, baby! I can take a big bite out of an apple ANY TIME I WANT TO!) and bananas and grapefruit.
My water intake is also an important part of this step. Yes, I drink water at work all day every day, but then I come home and drink Diet Pepsi to excess. That's gotta stop. Again, cannot cut Diet Pepsi out of my life altogether, might as well cut off my oxygen... but cutting down would certainly help.

So some time around the end of July, I will have another post with either happy results or bitching and moaning about how it's not working, and how drastic times call for drastic measures. I don't know what those drastic measures might have to be, I don't want to think about it... until and unless I HAVE to think about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I drank Mello Yellow every day I'd be a much happier person but I refrain most days and only drink it on special occasions. I actually reward myself with a M.Y. so maybe you could do that with your Diet Pepsi if that's your fav soda.

I love reading the closed caption, listening to the ipod, working out, and people watch at the same time. It reminds me of what a multi-tasker I am!! lol
Good luck!!!