Tuesday, June 10

Tiny decision to be made


JP and I have been having problems with Tiny (did I mention her urination issues? She got meds from the vet) After being banished to the porch for 2 weeks while she was on her medication, we thought she was better. Didn't smell it anywhere for a very long time.


It's back. Now, I am so torn here. This means that the problem is probably not medical, but behavioral. I will not stand for this.


I could not, in good conscience, give her away to someone knowing full well that she has potty problems. Nobody wants that going on in their house. She is spayed and has no front claws, and she IS an inside ONLY cat, so I couldn't just turn her out. I don't believe she deserves to die, so having her 'put down' is completely off the table.


As I am hemming and hawing and wondering, I mention it to my friend, Gina. She's a big cat person. She knows all about the Tiny history of urination. But she didn't realize until I mentioned it yesterday that the beginning of the spraying coincided with the commencement of the remodeling projects... we took away her comfy carpet in front of the big picture windows in the living room, where she loved to lay in the sun. For quite some time, even the furniture that she liked to lay on was gone. Gina suggested that she was nervous and freaked out about the changes to "her" space.


Gina begged me to let the dust settle on the remodel, let things get back to "normal" before I make any rash decisions about Tiny.


Tiny has received a reprieve from the governor... Governor Gina!

2 comments:

Steff said...

I agree with Gina! Tiny isn't able to tell you with words that she's upset and maybe a little scared about not having her space. Hopefully things will get much better when the dust settles!

Now go and check out my baby...my new baby!

Anonymous said...

I agree too. Sounds like she's just acting out and pouting and SHOWING YOU WHO IS BOSS!! lol Maybe you can improvise and get her a cat bed or throw down some old blankets for her to nap???