Monday, June 16

Waking Emma

Sunday morning I arrived in my in-laws' town a few minutes before 8 am. Yes, I left home at 3 am... Mom and I had a weekend full of driving, and this was the best part.

We were welcomed in and given coffee and blueberry muffins and got a few minutes of peace and quiet chatting with JP's parents. Then I decided it was time to get my daughter back.
She had been staying with Grandma and Grandpa for 2 and a half weeks, and I wanted her back.

I crept down the hall to the spare bedroom and peeked in. She was asleep. She was laying on her tummy, slightly turned away from the door. I sneaked up and sat down on the bed and laid my hand on her hip. I whispered "Emma"

She said "Mommy?" in this sweet little sleepy voice.
Then she popped up and hollered "MOM!" and twisted around and hugged me.
It was all worth it... the lack of sleep, all that damn driving, worth it to hear her call me "Mommy" one more time... even though she was half asleep when she said it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kids are so cute. Well other peoples kids are, mine would be terrors!