Monday, June 9

Remodeling is almost done

Now I can show off some of the little things I've been collecting to finish off the whole look.



This is the area rug that I chose, the burgundy color is hard to see really well, but it looks really good with the wall color and see... looks good with the new flooring, too. The only thing it doesn't look good with is the current furniture. But if the floor, walls and area rug work together, and those are the things that are more permanent, the furniture can be replaced to match the room, ya know?


This is the hallway that started it all... done now, all the trim work, all the nail holes puttied (and I have a blister on my fingertip to prove it! LOL) and I hung up these pictures this weekend. They are photos from trips. There are pictures of JP and I in Playa del Carmen, and JP and I in Budapest, and Mom, Steven and I in New Orleans. There is one frame with the pictures that came with the frame, waiting to be filled with pictures of Alex, Steven and I in London in October.

I think this is just about my favorite part, the counter that divides the kitchen from the dining room. We still have to replace the laundry chute door, and someday, that counter top WILL be seen again. Someday, hopefully soon, we can get all the tools put away.

That's it for now, I have a few other pictures to post, and I have the day off tomorrow (PAID!) so maybe I can get a few more done up then. I already have a long list of things I want to get done, but hopefully I can squeeze in a bit of time online.



3 comments:

Melissa said...

It all looks fantastic! Nice work!

Anonymous said...

I love your tile floor, and also the laminate. Your countertop is WONDERFUL and really adds. I like your family photo frames in the hallway. GOOD JOB!!

Scott from Oregon said...

AHhhh kitchens with air hoses running along the floor...

Like the curve in the counter...