Wednesday, June 18

Bank robberies

We get emails at work, kind of a heads-up courtesy nod when a bank in our area is robbed. Since I have been a bank employee, I have seen 4 of these such emails. Three of them just since the beginning of April. One was down in Minneapolis, a branch of my bank.

Today we got another one. A tiny little podunk town in North Dakota, robbed by a "tall man wearing a mask, he was armed". That's according to the email. Now, 3 things come to mind right away:
1. Of course he was wearing a mask, in that tiny town, everyone knows EVERYONE.
2. I think bank robberies on the rise is a sign of a serious problem with the economy. No, I'm not saying that is the only reason, but desperate times call for desperate measures for people so inclined to illegal activities, ya know?

and, of course, my favorite one:
3. I am so thankful that my branch is right across the street from the police station. I can SEE the doorway from my teller window... it's a comforting feeling these days.

So far so good on the workouts, on a completely different subject. I even got up earlier than usual this morning, since I had to work earlier, just so that I could get to the gym and get in my full regular workout before I had to be home and in the shower. I will do the same tomorrow, since I am early then, too. Friday will be the challenge. I don't have to go in to work until 10 am on Friday. It will be very tempting to sleep until 9 am... but if I am a good girl, I will get my bum out of bed at my usual time (not my 'today and tomorrow early' time though!) and get to the gym.

I always feel better at work if I do, when I don't go, I feel sluggish and tired all day. I NEED that endorphin rush, and that makes me happy, that I feel better when I work out. It makes me think I may stick with it. Hell, I KNOW I will stick with it, I signed up for an 18 month contract, if nothing else, I will continue to go to visit my money! It's directly withdrawn from my account on the 5th of every month, and that is a great motivator for me (money). That, and if I can start to see some results in the way my clothes fit, THAT would be a great motivator, too.

That's all for now... getting up at 5:30 am makes 9 pm look like a great bedtime!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could go to bed at 9 pm every night no matter what time I woke up I think! ha

Glad the workouts are going well. I'm proud of ya!!

Watch out for those people in masks! Having the po-po across the street is a brilliant idea!

Scott from Oregon said...

We had a Savings and Loan next to the Albertson's I worked at when just out of high school. It was robbed by an ex-cop.

It was his fifth bank.

He was caught.