Saturday, June 7

Lucky number 6

If I did more than enjoy horse racing on (big) race days, I might have made some money today.

Da Tara just won the Belmont Stakes. He was the number 6 horse. His rider's initials are A.G.

Tara was the first (and probably one of the best) dogs I ever had. The number 6 is my lucky number, and my firstborn child's initials are A.G.

The payout for such a long shot was amazing. And I didn't place a bet. And if you remember my NCAA logic, this set of circumstances would have made perfect sense for me to bet a ton of money on this horse.

The sad part of the race, of course, is Big Brown. I was born in 1972, I have never seen a Triple Crown winner. I have seen several horses win 2, only to fall short at the Belmont. I was really hoping that this would be the year.

Other than that, not much going on today, I had to work this morning, then Eric and I ran around town and hit a few rummage sales. Nothing of note found, but then again, it was after noon, and I'm sure all the wonderful treasures that I could not possibly live without were snatched up first thing this morning.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow you really should have placed some money on A.G!!

Hope your weekend was good.