Sunday, July 6

Rough weekend

I had all these plans for my long weekend, was going to get so much done.

But instead, we went tubing down the Ottertail river yesterday. For about 5 hours we were lounging in innertubes floating down the river with coolers of booze, pulling over in "party spots" and drinking more, it was a really good time.

My mom gave us a ride out there, and then came to pick us up, too. It's about 5 or 6 miles out of town to the river spot, and on our way back in, we saw no less than 7 cops... just cruising around looking for drunk drivers. So we all appreciated mom giving us rides.

Got back to our house, Gina and Mike and Travis had rides arranged to pick them up from our place. We ordered pizza, around 6pm. I didn't get mine until almost 10. The amount of alcohol and the sun really did a number on me. I spent a bit of time in the bathroom, then went and crashed on the bed. JP was wonderful and came to get me to eat something.

Today is pretty much wasted with recovery. I have to get some laundry going to get ready for the week, but that's about it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what a great floating trip!! I'm glad you had such a wonderful time. Sorry bout the bathroom time and pizza delay. Hope you recover well this week.