Wednesday, July 9

Hey Zeus

Little funny to share:

JP told me about this and I couldn't stop giggling. He took Alex for a haircut about a month ago (Yeah, I know, I'm late in sharing, but it's still funny today). He took him to the "walk-ins welcome" place in our super WalMart. You go in, sign up on a clipboard, and when a stylist is available, she will call the next name on the list.

So JP takes Alex, and my boy goes up and puts his name on the list. There's a Spanish descent looking mom in there ahead of them, with her little son Jesus and the little 6 year old's name is right above Alex's on the list.

This little just-out-of-beauty-school girl walks up to the counter with an older woman, just finished doing her hair, gets her rung up, collects money and sends the lady on her way. Then she grabs the clipboard to call her next client.

In this mousy quiet little voice she questions "Jesus?" with a glance upward.
(She's imagining having to cut the big JC's sloppy mop... what if I screw it up? Will I go to hell?! LOL)

and of course, in this instance, I mean Jesus, as in the Christian head honcho... NOT pronounced as the Spanish do, which is, of course HEY, ZEUS.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOLOLOL

Scott from Oregon said...

Heeeee teeeeheeee...