Sunday, July 20

Religion and Politics

these are two things that have so much in common.

One, they should not, EVER, under any circumstance, be mixed with each other.
Two, they are things that should not be discussed with coworkers.
Three, they are both subjects that I LOVE to debate.

The bad thing is, the only people I am around, to talk with (read:debate) are my mom, and my husband who feel roughly the same as me, and my co-workers, who most decidedly do NOT agree with me. I have found this out with subtle little partial conversations, and reactions to emails that we pass around amongst ourselves.

I would LOVE to talk politics with some of those women... but I can't.
And THAT pisses me off.

I would LOVE to debate religious beliefs with a couple in particular... but I can't.
Again, pissed off.

That's what I've been thinking about today. I miss a good debate.

3 comments:

Scott from Oregon said...

Well, you can always ruffle my feathers in a religious or political debate.

But I come armed and dangerous...

Anonymous said...

I was asked today "Are you a believer?" I said "In what?" He acted like I was a moron that it wasn't obvious he was talking about God.

I don't really know much about politics. I just know what I believe about certain subjects. If they wanna make laws about it then cool!!

honkeie said...

My view on politics: Does not matter who you vote for they are all liers and cheats. I always vote for who looks the best, because if I am going to get screwed on a daily basis it better be by someone good looking!
Religion: There is a god and that is all there is. And I love debating with people over whos imaginary friend is better!