Tuesday, February 26

WOW!! New Orleans is Incredible!



I was worried that being such a short trip, we wouldn't see/do as much as we wanted to... well, turns out that if you don't waste time sleeping, you can really cram alot in!





We arrived Friday around 3, after a horrible delay in Atlanta (hate that airport!) and got right to "work". We stayed in a hotel right in the French Quarter, and after dumping our luggage, we started off on foot exploring.
Over the next few days I will post some of my favorite pictures. We did a tourist-y tour of one of the cemeteries, and we did another one of Oak Alley Plantation, which is where parts of "Interview with the Vampire" was filmed. It was amazing.

We sipped (ok, sucked down!) mint juleps on the veranda of the big house and we did the whole Bourbon Street experience on Friday night, and my mom really 'experienced' that... I was a good girl, didn't drink MUCH, I won't say I didn't drink at all, but while I was nursing my weird drinks (hurricane is the name of one classic bourbon street beverage, and it was NOT good) my mother, on the other hand, was fully enjoying every beverage she could get her hot little hands on! But it was HER vacation, and she was determined to enjoy her vacation.

Oh, and wow, did we shop! I was so proud of my mom, she doesn't shop for herself often, but she really made up for it this weekend. Good for her!

I don't have class today until 1, my morning instructor called (emailed) in sick, so I think I will have time to run out and get my photos printed out.
Mom and I got home Sunday (actually Monday morning) about 2 am. We were very tired. And we really got used to that 70 degree temperature, compared to the negative 20's we had been dealing with for a good month before the trip. So it was quite a horrible shock to come home, even though it had warmed up here in Minnesota to darn near 30 ABOVE while we were away.

Oh, and I got a bit of a sunburn... in FEBRUARY! I don't even mind, it actually makes me happy. Mostly on my forehead and across my nose, but it's better than frostbite! HAHAHAHA!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm SO glad you had a good time. I've always wanted to take the Amtrak from Memphis to New Orleans. Glad you got to take a little sun on your nose back with ya!!

Melissa said...

I can't wait to see the pictures! Sounds like you had a great time. The phrase "70 degree weather" made me twitch and want to cry.