Thursday, February 14

Ok, enough of that crap

No more mention of depressing crap.

Today was Valentine's Day. I didn't get flowers. Or candy. Or a teddy bear.

I got a bratwurst and a cappuchino at the hockey arena. It was great. After Emma's practice, we stayed at the arena to watch the High School varsity team. It was very exciting. It was 6-6 at the end, and with only 11 seconds left in overtime, our guys pulled it off, it was really fun to watch.

Oh, and we got our taxes done today... It went VERY EXTREMELY WONDERFULLY well.
It's about twice as much as I was hoping for, and it's MORE than we got last year... (if you remember what THAT was... this is about $500 more)

SO VERY HAPPY. I am really looking forward to sending off checks to pay OFF 3 things... Gander Mountain (store credit card) and Home Depot ( the 'no interest' offer ends in August) and my Kia.

Plus we will have enough left over to replace the fence around the back yard. Yeah, that's right, pay off a vehicle, 2 credit cards AND remodel stuff, too. THAT is what 10K gets ya!

hehehehehehe
It was a good day, except for the headaches. Don't know if they're caused by the new medications or the cranking changes that were done to my braces yesterday. My mouth hurts.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

That is one seriously wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good Valentine's Day...and your tax rebate is great!!! Have a good weekend, give the meds a chance. May I ask the name???

Anonymous said...

Sorry the above comment is Flat Coke and Flies--when I check my gmail is signs me in as the wrong name!!

Scott from Oregon said...

Money. Way cool!

I hear money cures the blues...