Thursday, February 7

Seventy eight gummies in her tummy

We decided that our kids need to start taking vitamins. Meals around here aren't exactly nutritionally sound.
I wanted to get them those Flintstone vitamins. JP said "No, let's get this big jug of gummi bear-looking vitamins. Not thinking of WHO these were for, I, like an idiot, said "sure".

That was Wednesday during our shopping trip. When I got home from work Wednesday night, JP met me in the dining room and said "We may have a problem"

Turns out, Emma spotted the gummies and asked daddy if she could have some. He said NO. She heard YES. And she ate. And ate. And ate. JP counted the remaining gummies, and did the math: She ate 78 of them.

I called poison control, as recommended on the bottle. He said that the makers of children's vitamins pretty much COUNT on children being idiots, as mine are, so they do not put iron in children's vitamins. If a child overdoses on vitamins containing iron, they will require a stomach pumping. These gummies contained no iron, so the girl is fine, except for an uncomfortable stomach.

I asked Emma how she felt, just before bedtime Wednesday night.
"My tummy hurts"

GOOD. As it should.

kids are idiots.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't you love how no means yes SO often!!! lol