Wednesday, February 27

Here's another New Orleans pic



I didn't get a chance yesterday to get my photos printed... still very tired. Mornings are not good for me, even being on the medication. It almost seems like it makes me sleepier. I could easily sleep until noon every day.

Emma's final hockey tournament is this weekend, and JP and I both have to work at the arena in different areas. All parents are expected to work somewhere, concession stand, gate and check-in, scoreboard, penalty boxes, stuff like that. JP went to the sign-up meeting, I had to work at the bank, so he signed me up for things. I was really pissed off. He signed himself up to work doing the score bookkeeping for several games. He signed me up to do concession stand quite a bit. So he gets to watch games, and I get to serve hot dogs and coffee. When I objected to his choices for me, he said something along the lines of (I don't remember his exact words here, sorry) making it sound like service was "my thing". Since I worked at McShithole all those years, really, this is all I'm qualified to do. It felt like he was putting me in my place, a place I don't want to be, a place I used to be, yes, but if you hadn't noticed HONEY, I have changed a bit, and I have moved beyond that. I am capable of more than schlepping food. It just felt like he was putting me down, and doing it in front of all the other parents, too. "This is all Nik can do, so I'll sign her up for this"... I doubt he meant it that way, but it just felt like it.

That's all for now. I'm still waiting on my tax refund to be deposited... guessing they're not that eager to write out a check THAT BIG, so they're putting it off as long as they can...bastards.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Men have a way of conveying things in the most demeaning manner, even though I don't think they have ANY idea how it sounds. Women are always looked at inferiorly. I hate it. Make the best of the hot dogs and coffee...maybe you'll get a bunch of free food!!