Monday, February 11

I hate to say it

Again. It's starting to get a bit redundant.
Again. It's starting to get a bit redundant.

See, I may be getting burned out, but at least I still have my sense of humor, sad as it may be.

I'm considering asking my boss if I can get one day off per week. Right now, I work Monday through Saturday. I find myself coming home from work and I am just too tired. Too tired to get any housework done, too tired to try to get any food on the table, and too tired to make an attempt at homework.

I have my New Orleans trip to look forward to, that's coming up in a week and a half. Then, after that I have Spring break to look forward to, hoping to be recovering from my jaw surgery during that time. After that, it's damn near graduation day, So I know, I see an end in sight, but that doesn't seem to help with the daily fight to get up and get going.

Like today. I doubt that I am going to class today. Yes, I know, I missed last Wednesday so we could run to Fargo, and I missed last Thursday because Emma was sick. But I spent all weekend either working, or laying around relaxing, and I didn't get a thing done around the house, no laundry got done, the house is a mess, and I am still exhausted.

Some day it will be better, when I "only" have a job. At least that's what I tell myself now. When I don't have homework or GPAs or Senate crap to worry about. When I don't have to study for tests and prepare financial statements and deal with the politics of being a student. Yes, I said politics. I seem to have come into a position in the school of being a confidante of a few of the instructors, by being their TA, or just by knowing them through other activities. Some of them don't like each other. And I hear it all.

I'm tired of this. Maybe I should see a doctor....
hmm.

1 comment:

Steff said...

I have been there. I got burned out and burned out on all the wrong stuff. I had to take a hard look at my plate and honestly think, "What can I realisticly shove off?" I had to dump a few things, put a few things on the back burner, and as hard as this was for me...I had to delegate. Life is crazy and will always be crazy. Just make some time for you in all of that crazy life! I hope things even out ASAP for you. :)