Thursday, September 28

It's not a fluke

A few weeks ago, I got a perfect score on a MATH test. 100%, zero wrong, perfect... I was pretty happy, but in the back of my mind was that little 14 yr old kid... Assuring me that it was just a fluke.

I mean, this is Business MATH... The subject that freezes me during tests. The subject I should stay far far away from. Of course, going into Accounting, that could be tough. I was a bad student many years ago. I didn't listen in class, I didn't understand the work, I didn't do the homework, I failed the tests. In Math. I did fine, good enough in other subjects, Math was the Lex Luthor to my Superman... Joker to my Batman... hehe, sorry, just got done reading a thing about superheros. Bizarre analogies from me, I know.

We had another test in Business Math today. We corrected them right after taking them, our instructor doesn't have a TA right now, so she--being the lazy bum she is (no, she's actually very nice, in a Grandma on the porch kind of way) let us correct our own tests so she didn't have to.

I got another 100%... not a single thing wrong. I almost started to cry in class. Luckily I made it out to the parking lot before I started to grin uncontrollably, and into the van before the tears formed.

I am not a stupid girl.

No comments: