Wednesday, September 6

Back to School, back to sanity

They all filed out yesterday morning, little buggers!! Off to start another year.
They didn't get out before I took the obligatory First Day Photo, though!! I will post it as soon as I get it uploaded.
As soon as they were gone, I took Mom out for breakfast and we celebrated surviving the summer!
My classes are going good, the one class I was a bit afraid of, Intro to Computer Tech isn't looking too scary, neither is the teacher. I had heard stories of him, the great Computer Ogre... No, more like big goofy 'don't piss me off' guy. I don't plan to piss him off, so I think he and I will get along fine.

Alex is happy, his teachers all seem good, his Math teacher is Ms Stewie... Like the kid on Family Guy, which is Alex's favorite show. Emma is not happy, but when is she? Honestly? She has too many boys in her class, and no friends. Eric is okay with it so far, even though he has a fish kid in his class.

Emma got new glasses, Alex just got a new prescription for his lenses, same frames. Turns out he should have gotten new frames, too, he is growing too damn fast. I think he can go until Christmas though, give me a chance to save up some money.

Bad things going on in JP's neighborhood have got me very... Aware lately. On edge. I don't like it. It doesn't help that I'm in class during the best times to talk to JP, so I haven't talked to him in a few days. Not since before he went to TQ for the memorial service of a guy he knew who was killed. They're having a memorial here in town Thursday night, I'm thinking of going, if I can. Mom has to work, and it's at 9 p.m., and I will not take the kids to something like that. This guy, Josh was killed by an IED, and JP talked to one of the other guys in the vehicle who did manage to get out. I wish he hadn't talked to him. I don't think I want him having any visuals to live with for the rest of his life, his long, happy, with-his-family life. I worry with the way he keeps things in, and doesn't talk about what bothers him, will these thoughts sit and fester and eat away at him? I know, he's a big strong man, and he's tough, but he's mine, and I don't want anything bad to be even remotely near him, physically or mentally. I just want to hug him.

I love you honey, I miss you so much. I cannot even put into words how much I wish you were right here beside me. If you were, you can be damn sure I wouldn't be typing either! Or crying.
Or dressed ;-)

No comments: