Friday, September 15

I have a cold

Sonuvabitch!

I'm sick. I was just starting to think my allergies were leaving me, and I would finally be able to breathe again. But just when you thought it was safe to go unmedicated... A whole new kind of drug is necessary now. I've moved on from Tylenol Severe Allergy to Tylenol Severe Cold. What is the difference, you may ask? Far as I can tell, about $2. I skipped my Business Law class this morning because I just couldn't bring myself to get out of bed. I did however, make it to my Accounting and Payroll classes this afternoon. I went through the half-full box of Kleenex that I had brought along in just over 2 hours. I went to the grocery store and bought more. My nostrils were raw and red and sore already, so I splurged and bought the Puffs with aloe and lotions and all sorts of soft comfy rub-my-nose features. I grabbed two boxes, just in case. As it turns out, it was a good thing, I went through the first box is 6 hours flat.

AN ENTIRE BOX OF PUFFS IN 6 HOURS!! Yeah, you may think it's funny, but it's snot.

see, sick as a dog, and I'm still the funniest person you know.

Following the advice of the wise Emma Jenkins, I have slathered Vick's vapor rub on my feet and put socks on over that mess. For good measure, I also put some on my neck and have been reapplying it to my upper lip as needed. I am trying to figure out how to sleep upright, since gravity seems to be my only friend. Sit up, snot down, breathe through a minimum of one nostril, sometimes even both!! Lay down, snot everywhere, clogging airways, breath through mouth and wake up with blown insulation crusty mouth.

I have awful kids, 'nuf said, for now anyway.
I'm feeling fuddy and snoddy and I do dnod like talking like dis. Beig snoddy bmakes peepo talk fuddy.
Good nidt.

No comments: