Friday, September 29

Another weekend to get through

It's Friday once again. We made it through another week. The high light of it all had to be JP calling on Wednesday, for Emma's birthday. I was so glad he was able to do that. This has now been her 2nd birthday in a row that he has missed, and I know it bothers her. Alex will have the same issue next month, but Emma's happened first, so she was feeling really down about it. Just hearing from Daddy made it a little better.

The leaves are starting to change colors here, and I'm thinking I'm going to go out scavenging to find some to send to JP. I know they don't have trees there, and I'm just certain that he misses the raking. I think I will send him a nice colorful bouquet, maybe throw some pine cones in there as well.

Today was payday, so I got all of that squared away. I think I'm down to one more payment for the furniture, after the one I'm making tomorrow, then it will be delivered. That will be nice, it's been kind of tight making those payments, but by now, I'm used to it, so I think I will just transfer furniture money over towards the paying down of the AAFES account. I'd like to have that gone by the time JP gets home, but I don't realistically see that happening, not with Christmas, and both boys' birthdays happening before he comes home. Not to mention the heating bill is going to start going back up there. But at least I have wiggle room, and can send them more than the minimum. Every little bit helps, and maybe by the time he gets home, they will be almost paid off. I remember when he got back from Bosnia, there was a big final check for something. Maybe we can use that and finish them off.

It's a weird night here. I am sitting on the bed, and as I look out the North window, I see blue skies with fluffy white clouds. Out the West window, I see dark clouds and rain. Yes, it's raining on the North side of the house, too, but with sunny skies--weird.

I think tonight is movie night for me. I've got a stack of movies on my bedside table, movies I've bought and haven't watched. I'm not allowing myself to put them on the DVD shelves (in alphabetical order, of course) until they have been watched. Maybe this weekend I can get some of that stack put away. I have a bit of homework, but nothing too bad. Yeah, I think that's it, it's a movie catch-up weekend.

1 comment:

Scott from Oregon said...

Yes, of course he misses the raking...

Just don't think about taking him to the beach, anytime soon...

All that awful sand...

Kids look like great kids too!

Scott--