Monday, September 18

It's a crappy day

Rain, drizzle, cloudy, cold.
Not the type of fall day that I love.
I spent the weekend being sick, still am, but that didn't stop me from doing stuff.
Saturday I went out to Dave's and while mom was getting supper prep started, Dave took me for a ride on his 4 wheeler. It was a lot of fun, and I'd like to do it again, when it's nicer and when I'm not sick. We had great steaks for dinner, then I headed for home.
I got a lot of homework done this weekend, I was surprised at how much I got done. I converted my photo album table into a homework area, and now that I have a place to work uninterrupted, it has been working very well. If I have to get up and leave it for something, I don't have to pack it all in, I can leave it lay, open to where I was.

I gave the kids a ride to school this morning, too chilly and rainy to sit on the corner and wait for the bus. Then I ran over to the library to print off some things I needed for class at 11, and printed something for Alex, too. He thinks my flashdrive is cool, and therefore, since I know how to use it, I'm cool, too. I'm thrilled. Well, no sarcasm, I was glad I was able to do it for him, happy that I know how to use a few computer things.

I even got to watch the Vikings play yesterday. It was a very exciting and exasperating game. It went into overtime, and again, Longwell saved it for us, 2nd week in a row we have won by a field goal. Oh well, a win is a win, and by the way, that would be win #2. The Vikings are undefeated this year. I forgot how much I missed it, didn't watch it last year. I thought I needed JP around to enjoy football (no, just need him around to enjoy baseball).

I'd like to take a nap, but I have to shower and get things ready for school, I have class from 11 to 3 today, with little to no time in between for lunch, so I will have to grab something to put in my bag and eat in the hall between classes.

I have a box just for wishes, and dreams that have never come true. The box is empty, except for the memory of how they were answered by you. I love you honey, with all my heart, every single day. I cannot wait until you come home to us. We all miss you so much.
Love you hon,
Nik

1 comment:

Scott from Oregon said...

Hi Nik

Just wanted to drop by and tell you how I understand how much you miss your husband and worry for him. I did a lot of that as a kid, when Pops was away.

If you ever need to vent about it, my email is kazooboo2yahoo.com. If you messenger, you can add me and I'll be sure to offer a friendly nod and stuff like that...

Scott--