Thursday, August 31

With friends like this...

I met a girl named Corin in my summer class, she is 19, and we have/had a mutual friend, a girl who worked with me at McShithole a few years ago. Corin is nice, a bit ( A LOT) chatty, but whatever, some people just talk a lot... And very fast.

She is having boyfriend issues, and I feel like since she can't smother him anymore (he just broke up with her for smothering him--go figure) now she's decided that I am the next (victim) best thing... I have homework to do tonight, I was online going though emails and she just called. I was planning on clearing my in box, then hitting the books. Now I'm guessing I will be spending the evening listening to her talk constantly about what went wrong (I could tell her, I mean, I KNOW WHAT WENT WRONG, but I'm just too nice a person). Thing is, I may have to dump her just like Brandon did, otherwise I will not be able to get my homework done. I hate to do it, she is nice, although a bit clingy, but I am paying for this education, and dammit, I want to actually get it!!

I have enough friends, ya know? Gina, Char, they're good friends. They don't do the drama that usually goes away with age. They're older and settled, and mature. I don't see why Corin thinks I'm so wonderful, for crying out loud, we have NOTHING in common except that we are both going for our associate degrees in accounting. I am married, settled, children, mortgage, minivan. She is living with her parents, bitching about her wicked step-mother and crying about losing a boyfriend who, frankly, isn't worth crying over.

Ugh, I am going to try to get started on my homework, maybe if I have it spread out all over the dining room table she will get the hint... doubtful, but it's worth a shot.
Here I go... wish me luck.

No comments: