Monday, August 7

230 days remaining, and it's August already!!

Well, after my last post, and being pretty bummed out lately, my friend Gina decided I needed to get out and have some fun. She got us tickets to WE Fest for Friday and Saturday nights. I'm not a huge country music fan, but I am a fan of getting out and getting away, so off we went.
Friday night there wasn't really any particular music act I was looking forward to seeing, Brooks & Dunn were the closing act, and I actually started crying during a few of their songs, one is a goofy song that JP changes the words to, and he and I saw B&D play it a few years ago out there. The other one that got me tearing up was something about "you better kiss me, 'cause you're gonna miss me when I'm gone"...
Saturday night was better though, more upbeat and no tears. I saw Keith Urban, (OOO, yummy) I didn't really know too many of his songs, but he put on a good show. After the intermission, the final act of the night, and of WE Fest was Kenny Chesney. He is so nice, as a singer, and as a piece of ass to look at. (wow, horny little wench, aren't I? I really miss you JP!!) I know quite a few of Kenny's songs, and Gina and her boyfriend Kent were even up on the Jumbotron screen during a love song!! The camera guys were panning the audience looking for sweethearts, and they were standing up dancing together, and it was so sweet (and Gina's face turned sooo red!!) Then as a special guest, Uncle Kracker came out and sang a few songs with Kenny, and all I could think of was 'JP should be here, he'd love this!!'. It was really good to get out and loosen up and have some fun. We were with Gina's parents, too, and they are just great, such nice people. Kent and I spent both nights at Gina's parents' place, driving is just not an option, and they live within walking distance, so I got the couch, and Kent was on the living room floor. Both nights when we got back to the house after the concert, they fed us (we had been drinking, all of us) because they didn't think we should go to sleep with empty stomachs. In the mornings, food again, it was so nice of them.

I spent last week dispersing money. We got the cash out amount from the refinancing on Wednesday, so I've been sending money to anyone and everyone we owe. I also took Mom and all 3 kids to Fargo on Thursday and started school clothes shopping. Oh, and I finished it too!! All in one day, everything from socks to notebooks, boxers to binders!! Done! I don't think I've ever had that job done this early before. I'm usually really pushing it, like... Labor Day Weekend!! I feel really good about this year. I should really get Alex a few more pairs of pants, but I do want to make one more trip to Fargo before Mom and I head to Michigan, so I will probably take him along then.

So yeah, like the title of this entry says, only 230 days until you are home for good baby!! That's a mere 32 weeks. I advanced my fridge magnet calendar today, I've already got September on it!! It is a 4 week calendar, and each week is it's own separate strip, so as one week ends, I can just wipe it off and write in another and add it to the bottom, move the other 3 up, and that way I've always got a 4-weeks-out look at what's coming. I've been keeping the days and weeks until you return on there since March. I remember how happy I was to finally get out of the 300's... Next week this time, I will be writing numbers in the 100's. (Yeah, I know, it's still 4 and 5 weeks out, but as long as I'm writing it, IT'S REAL!!)

I mailed out 3 boxes to you today. Mostly food, but also some bathroom stuff. Oh, and air freshener, because I also sent some Hormel Chili... gotta plan ahead for these things!! And look through everything I sent, even things that are camouflage, things that you THINK you know what's inside... You may be surprised, happily, I hope.

I can't wait for Tuesday night (your Wednesday day off!!) I have really missed you, and I can't wait to see you. I will be napping most of the day so I can stay up late to spend time with you.

But I have to go to bed now, I had a long day. The new weed wacker works great, as does the Tony Little Gazelle Edge fitness machine. Both made me sweaty, but not in the way I'd like to be. I miss you honey, see you Tuesday night!!

No comments: