Wednesday, August 16

Leaving tomorrow

I'm trying to stay up late tonight, so that I will sleep in tomorrow, so I can be up all night Thursday, driving. It's not working too good so far, I'm getting very sleepy. I decided to put something in here, since it's harder to fall asleep while typing than just sitting here reading news stories online.

The kids and I went to Fargo today to exchange school clothes that didn't fit. Emma got 9 pairs of pants, and we had to exchange 7 of them. The ones that fit her around the waist made her look like she was ready for a flood, and the ones that were long enough to cover her ankles were also pooling around her ankles because she is so tiny in the waist and so tall. I think we found the solution though, she can wear a size 8 slim... right now anyway. I'm sure that will change soon, they're all going through such growth spurts.

Mom and I did some prep work for the trip tonight, too. We have to be careful because if Zoey gets wind of this, there will be no living with her. She will want to go, if she knows we are going. She is not on the guest list however. We don't even speak the words 'pack' or 'luggage'. Mom is going to take the girls for a walk tomorrow and while she is gone, I'm going to dig out her suitcase and pack it for her, and get it into the KIA before they get back. Her girls don't freak out if they see her going out of the house without carrying anything, I'm sure their logic (much like humans) is that if she doesn't have anything with her, she won't be gone long. How sad is this, that we have to pussyfoot around and be sneaky to go on a little trip?? But we all love Zoey and don't want to hurt her feelings, so it is a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

Ray and Pierrette will be here around noon tomorrow, and we are planning on heading out around 3. That should get us to Minneapolis at 7, so we should be able to avoid the majority of the rush hour traffic. Then we head South and East, for roughly another 10 hours (after the 4 to Mpls) and should arrive in Grand Rapids Friday morning. I know mom isn't really looking forward to this trip, I know she's really just doing it for Grandma, because she wants us to come out there. I don't think mom feels right being there anymore. I don't get that. She calls Helen 'Mom', and we both love her, even without her Dad there, we are still going out to visit family. I know it will be hard though, because those trips out to see Grandpa were always something to look forward to. She mentioned tonight wanting to go out to the cemetery while we are out there. I think that will be good for her, and I will do the driving and then keep my distance. She will probably appreciate some alone time there.

I am taking my laptop out there, we aren't sure if Grandma has internet at her house, but I'm sure I can find an internet cafe in Grand Rapids, if need be. I just shudder to think of being without the 'net for too long.

There's another good breeze coming in the West window, hasn't been too bad the last week or so. I wish some of our nice weather could make it's way over to you honey, I know it's been pretty miserable there. I think it will just make you appreciate Minnesota weather more when you get back.

I started the savings account plan with this paycheck. Now that our mortgage refi has gone through, things should be nicer, and should be able to sock away that much each paycheck. Did you also notice that I gave you some money?
I will also be sending out a package to you tomorrow, after I repackage it, of course. It was sitting on the front step when we returned from Fargo today. I wonder how long it sat out there in the open like that. It wasn't in a brown box, either, it was a color photo of the DVR right on the box, advertising "this is what's in here, come steal me". Idiots at the Post Office wonder why they're losing business to UPS and DHL and the like. Those other couriers have a "where to leave package" option to give instructions (like at the BACK door, NOT visible to everyone who goes by). So you should have that by next weekend, figuring a week to 10 days.

Ok, I'm going to let the girls out to pee, then read for awhile to try to stay up later. I love you honey, and I miss talking to you, your internet is really starting to piss me off. Is there any other options available? Whatever the cost, I don't care, I just want to talk to you.

No comments: