Friday, August 11

Laptop Snob

That's me, that's what I've become.

I had to take my laptop in to the school today, so they could monkey with it, get it compatible with their wireless system, make sure I have the proper amount of firewall and virus protective crap... geek speak that I don't understand.

I was without my laptop from 8 a.m. to roughly 5 p.m., it was horrible. I could have just gone downstairs and used the desktop computer, but UUGGHH, no thank you, it's a monster sized dinosaur, and it's too slow, and that mouse, ick, don't even get me started on that!!

I remember when JP first got his laptop, sitting on the couch playing with it. I remember thinking "my god, it's not that great, it's still just a computer, ya goofus"... I have since seen the error of my ways. Oh precious and wonderful laptop, I will never stray, I will never use anything else ever again.
When I first got this laptop at the beginning of the summer, I found myself annoyed with the touch pad thingy (geek speak word escapes me right now) in place of the mouse, now, I cannot bring myself to use a mouse without thinking I could do this so much faster with just my fingertips!!
So I owe JP an apology for every eye roll, every sigh of "silly boy" brought on every time I watched him on his laptop. I now realize that it was probably a little more jealousy than exasperation on my part.
Apparently absence really does make the heart grow fonder.... Being without if for just one day was horrible.
In comparison to being with out JP for 547 days, it was easy, yes, but I never spent hours on end tapping on JP with my fingertips either.
Oh, that I could do that now!!
*sigh*

No comments: