Sunday, August 13

The cleaning bug bit my ass

The kids and I spent the morning cleaning out the KIA, since we are taking that to Michigan (leaving on Thursday, home Sunday/Monday) and those little buggers are the ones who messed it up. (shameless plug here) I LOVE THOSE WIPES... They're in a purple canister thing, and you pull the wipes out like wet wipes... They clean EVERYTHING, even on upholstery!! The two front seat floormats ended up hitting the showers, they were pretty bad.

While I was in the shower scrubbing and oxycleaning the floormats I realized that it was pretty gross in there... So I hung up the floormats to drip while I scrubbed the shower. When I got out of there, I realized that by doing that I was just putting a neon sign over the toilet screaming "I'm dirty!!"... Of course I had to scrub that, too. That, of course shed a rather dingy light on the counter top and mirror... It was a vicious cycle, I ended up scrubbing the floor and emptying all the cabinets and cupboards and tossing stuff that I don't need (why was it in there anyway!?)

Then I saw the toothbrush holder... What a can of worms THAT opened up!! It's one of those cup types, with holes in the lid for the toothbrushes to fit into. Problem with them is that the tips of the handles end up getting yucky... Dust mixed with the water that drips down from the head of the brush after each use, it's damn near mud.

So I threw away all the toothbrushes and the holder. Grabbed Alex and we went out to Walmart. I had exactly 3 things on my list.
1. Toothbrushes (3, one for each kid, I don't keep mine in there, so mine is good)
2. Toothbrush holder
3. Shower scrubby-puffs (one for each kid so they will STOP using mine!!)

I came back with a toothbrush holder, coordinating shower curtain and shower mat, floor rug and toilet-front rug, and one each of : bath towel, hand towel and wash cloth (for decorative use only, DO NOT TOUCH!!) plus the toothbrushes and scrubby-puffs, thank god, otherwise I'd be really mad.

At one point Alex actually said "Lets get out of this aisle, before we spend any more" OMG!! It was his fault we spent that much anyway!! He's the one who liked the froggy on the lilipad holder (dangling the toothbrushes, not enclosing them) and then suggested that it would look bizarre to have JUST that with frogs on it in there... Ok, ok, I caved, and it was kinda fun, we "redid" the bathroom on the cheap, and it is so nice and clean in there now, and very cute.

Then I learned how to make a meal that my mom makes that the kids LOVE, because they wanted it Friday night, but she was out (ON A DATE) and I didn't know how... So she talked me through it, and I think I'm good to go there.

wow, busy day for "the day of rest"...But now it's 7 p.m. and I could go to bed.
It's a cool night, nice breeze coming in the West bedroom window... wish you were here to cuddle up with as it gets chilly in here.
I.O.U. cuddles **nudge nudge, wink wink**

No comments: