Thursday, June 1

Richard Rodriguez is a pompous ass

One might ask, who IS Richard Rodriguez? He is the author of an essay I am required to read in my Eng. Comp. class. My teacher, in her (ha!) infinite wisdom is in love with this guy's writing. I find it wordy, snotty and belittling to me, and people like me...You know, people who DON'T have a PhD. Now my next assignment is to write my own essay in his style... In other words, I have to become a pompous ass who looks down their nose at everyone. Gee, I'm so looking forward to this assignment. Ugh. I already completely changed my first essay, after reading her comments on the rough draft we turned in last week. I'm not talking a few minor changes, I'm talking completely changed the entire focus of the essay. My rough draft was what I liked, now I'm trying to give her what she wants, so she will give me what I want: an A.

Well, anyway, today is payday, so I paid all the bills, and got everything squared away for the next 2 weeks.

JP is moving, can't talk too much about it, but he will be unable to receive mail for a couple of weeks, until he gets settled in his new home. It sounds like his new home is nicer than the dump he's in right now, and I'm glad, he deserves to be somewhere decent, if he must be there at all.

I talked to Steven today, actually had a nice conversation with him, he wasn't short and "I gotta go in 2 minutes, just wanted to say 'hi'." We talked for a little over half an hour, he even asked me how things were going, not just droning on about him, his life, his friends, his travels...His, his, his. So that was nice. (and I have a moment of pause, because here I sit, going on and on about me, but then I think, no, that's what a blog is for...Not appropriate for a phone call to your sister, but perfectly fine for blogs)

It's almost midnight, and I'm still up. Whenever I'm not working, I find that I do this. I am just a night person, I guess. I know I will be tired in the morning, because for some reason I cannot manage to sleep in really late anymore. I shocked the hell out of myself this morning...woke up at 5 am to pee and went back to bed UNTIL 10 AM!!! Of course, that is probably the reason I am still up now.

I guess I don't have much else, mom has tomorrow off, so we may do a little work on some projects around here. Now that the sun porch looks so nice and roomy, I would love to get going on my chairs, but I know that the tool room is still a mess, calling to me "clean me...Clean me"... aw, crap.

No comments: