Thursday, June 8

First glimpse of grade

We turned in our journals on Thursday, got them back on Tuesday. Between the few assignments we entered in there, it was worth 35 points. I got 38. I also turned in an extra credit assignment tonight, worth 25 points, figured with not having seen how she feels about my essays, I may need those 25 points.

Next Tuesday, she will be returning our first essays, along with our current grade for the class. I am a bit concerned, only because I have no idea what to expect. Yes, I know she approved of what I had in my journal, but this essay is different. Our grade for the class is made up of 30% journal/class participation but 70% is the essays we do.

I got a lot done the last couple of days, everything from regular cleaning that has been neglected-- sweeping up (a golden retriever sized pile of dog hair) and mopping (scrubbing, really, hands and knees) the dining room and kitchen to things that will make it better around here. I rearranged the toolroom, put the cat's litter box and food in there, so the dogs have access to the laundry room and we put a bucket of water in there so the girls can drink when we're down here.

This week I have only sons, Emma is down in Albert Lea with the in-laws. My boys are getting along so nice, it's almost scary. Alex has been wonderful, playing with Eric, getting him to go outside and get active. They went out flying a kite, played football, and they even had a good water fight with little pistols and a bucket. I am really happy with Alex, he's really matured, he's being just a great brother. I sent him out mowing the lawn today, Emma's chore, and he did great with that, too.

I got some dark blue yarn, and started on the 3rd panel, so I have one black one and one light blue one done, I think the dark blue ones will be a different kind of knit, maybe I will have mom teach me how to pearl, or whatever those other ones are called.

I'm talking to JP now, so I should go...he's got the day off.

No comments: