Sunday, June 4

Now I am a pompous ass

I just finished my rough draft on my Rodriguez-like essay. I need to do an entry here to find myself again, shed off the arrogance of his style... I'm working on it.

I bought a flash drive for my laptop, so I can stick stuff on it, then transfer it to my home PC so I can print things out, another wonderful learning experience for me, getting rid of a bit more of the "computer stupid"...

I wanted to get up and work on my chairs a bit today, but its almost 4pm, and I just finished my homework...AND I ONLY HAVE ONE CLASS... imagine how it'll be when I'm carrying 19 credits...ugh, goodbye chairs, goodbye scrapbooking, goodbye television, goodbye to everything that isn't school related. oh well, some day . I remember feeling remorse when I realized after working at McShithole that I hadn't worked on any of my projects, but at least this time I'm giving up my hobbies for something worthwhile. And in the end, I will have something to show for it, not just a pittance paycheck and sore feet.

I've lost 10 lbs since leaving there. I thought for sure I would gain weight after leaving, not running around for a minimum of 8 hours a day... but I guess not eating 2/3 of my daily meals there has balanced it out. Good. Now to figure out a way to get rid of the last 10 to 15 lbs...

I have orientation tomorrow morning, I find that ironic, I've been going to class for almost a month, and I'm finally getting oriented. but there are some questions I have, so I'm looking forward to going. I don't know how long it will last, anywhere from 2 to 4 hours, depending on the testing I may or may not need to do.

I'm meeting the in-laws in St Cloud on Tuesday, get my son back, and get rid of my daughter for a week or so. Its so nice of them to do that, every summer, take each kid alone for a week. Being that far away, I'm sure they just want to spend some time with the kids. The other grandkids are closer, so they see them more often. Plus it's a nice break for me, and I really appreciate it.

Mom will be home from work soon, I will have her read over my Pompous Essay, see what she thinks of it. Then I have the rest of my (night) to do whatever I want... How about going to bed? Thinking like an obnoxious jerk is exhausting.

No comments: