Thursday, June 29

JP got his 'net up and running!!

I'm so happy!! I got to chat online with JP for a bit today... I was really getting annoyed, but I'm feeling much better now!

He got the POA set up, so he's mailing that out to me, and I called Mr. Refinance, and he's coming out next Wednesday to go over stuff. Hopefully by the time the August payment is due, I'll be paying it (less of it, too!!) to someone else!

My teacher in class tonight gave me a lead on a job, assistant for a marketing director friend of hers. She's looking for someone to do her books and basically assist her with paperwork and computer work. At first I thought that I would be perfect for it, even though it's a 40+ hour per week job, and it's in the Fargo Moorhead area. With a full load at school, even if I could convince this woman to let me work from home (and I could, it's mostly spreadsheets and contacting people for her) I would be stretched too thin, and something would suffer, either home, the kids, my schoolwork, or the job. So I was telling Mom about it, and then it hit me, SHE would be perfect for the job! I have the contact information for this woman, and I'm going to call her in the morning, tell her that my teacher recommended I call for myself, but I realize that I simply could not do the job at this time, but OH, by the way, here's someone who can! Mom said she would hate to leave her current boss, Opal high and dry, but her current position is not going to work for someone who wants to live on their own, it just doesn't pay enough. I think it would be so great if she could get this. Then, yes, she would be driving back and forth a lot, but making more money, and she could expand her housing market, when she starts looking, to include the smaller towns between D.L. and the F/M area. The houses in those smaller towns will be easier on her budget, that's for sure. I was so excited when I heard about this job, but now I'm excited about it for her!

The kids have been driving Mom and I nuts the last few days. Suddenly my "no" as an answer isn't good enough, and they have to beg or whine, or ask "why?"... BECAUSE I SAID SO, THAT'S WHY!! Really going to have to hurt someone!! And the worst part is, it's only Alex and Emma because Eric has been in Albert Lea for almost 2 weeks.

We are heading down there tomorrow morning to get him though. We will spend Friday night down there and head for home Saturday. I think we will end up spending some of the weekend at Dad and Lorna's, they will be up for the long weekend.

Mom and I did another project today, start to finish though, which is rare for us. My bedframe is longer than my mattress and boxspring, so we made a spacer to keep my pillows from falling down into the gap. We are so good, we even made it out of recycled particle board from a shelf thing that we were going to throw away. It is now a built-in fix. It's such a tight fit, there is literally NO wiggle room, but that's good, no wiggle, no rattle, no banging.

I got some bill paying done tonight, sent off the last payment to Home Depot (Yippee, no finance charges!) and paid off my Target card, too. Now I put that away, and leave it away. When we do the refinance, there will be a skipping of monthly payments in there, sort of. I'm sure it won't work out that way, but they say it. I'm not holding my breathe, and I'm not going to stop socking away the mortgage payments either.

Well, that's it, it is time to end the day, tomorrow will be better, because it's one day closer to JP coming home.

No comments: