Tuesday, July 4

Happy 4th of July

Happy... Yeah, whatever.

the kids and I spent the day fishing with Dad, that was fun. We stopped halfway through and had fish for lunch, fried up the stuff we caught on Sunday. We got just a ton, mostly sunfish and bluegills, but the afternoon was almost all crappies. The kids had fun, and I got to spend time with my dad, and that was nice. Lorna stayed on shore, that was even nicer.

We got home, and mom and I ran some errands, then vegged for awhile, then as soon as it started even looking like evening was coming, the kids started bugging me "is it time to go yet?" "Can we just go down there now?" They wanted to walk down to the beach where the fireworks show would be at about 8pm. The show didn't start until shortly after 10. I made them wait to start the walk until 9:30, and by the time we got there, we got a spot, laid out our blanket, and still had a 10 minute wait for the fireworks to start. It was a good show this year though, well worth the walk.

I got pretty sunburned out on the boat today, I was wearing a T shirt, so mainly from the elbows down, minus the wrist watch area, a perfect line there, and my face got a bit red. Emma isn't a bit red, she just browns up right away, definitely gets her sun/skin from her daddy. Poor Eric inherited my complexion though, and he's a lobster in the neck and ear area.

Tomorrow I will be getting Emma out to mow the lawn right away, and the boys will be helping me clean the house, the refinance guy is coming at 2, and I want the house to look like it's worth the amount they are going to finance!!

I found out that my last summer class, the math one has been cancelled, due to low enrollment. I'm sort of bummed about it, I was looking forward to taking it, but I'm also kind of happy. Since they are canceling it, I get reimbursed IN FULL for the tuition and the price of the books I bought for the class. I can sure use the money right now, after paying Home Depot and Target off. It will make it much easier to get to the next pay day. I think Thursday we are going to run to Fargo, we need to get cigarettes and dog food. Even with the price of gas, it's still a bargain. Cigarettes alone saves us $15 per carton, and the dog food, well, Comet's kind, here in town is $45, and in Fargo it's only $24. So, yeah, I think it's worth the drive. All 4 dogs get a different formula of food, and they're all cheaper across the border.

Well, it's late, and I have a busy day tomorrow, so I will call it a night. JP- I love you. I miss you, and I wish you could get a damn day off. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY deserves it as much as you do, honey. I will talk to you soon, til then...I'm always thinking of you.

No comments: