Friday, July 21

Seems like forever

I just reread my last post, seems like ages ago that all that happened, but it was only a week. Things with Eric have improved, he hasn't even whined about his lack of Gameboy. He's been swimming, playing out in the yard with neighborhood kids, and even though he did come in crying once ("he kicked me ON PURPOSE!!") he is making a good effort, and I already see an improvement. He is smiling again. That alone makes my day, that kid has the sweetest smile, lights up his whole face.

Mom has been tutoring me in math, helping me get ready for my retest on the 10th. I'm so glad I have her, I don't know what I'd do, how I'd figure this crap out if not for her. I am already feeling better about it, things like fractions, adding/subtracting and multiplying/dividing... I was completely lost. I'm feeling much better now. We still have a couple of weeks to work on it, and I hope we get a lot of time to do it, I know the more time I spend on it, the more comfortable I will be come test time.

Steven and Mark are on their way here as I type. They will be getting in late tonight, staying until Sunday morning. Mom and I made up some shrimp pasta salad (rainbow rotini, how fitting to serve the gay men! haha) and we did the cut up fruit thing, that is just so yummy, it's been hard not to dig into it. But it's for Saturday night supper. We are doing brats on the grill, and baked beans, and all the goodies that go with it. It's been so long since they've been here, I can't wait for them to see all we've done around here. I think it's been about a year. Just to see Comet, and how big she is will be a surprise for them.

I had a "date" last night, with JP online, so I was up very late. I had to get Alex up early to go to work this morning, and I am quickly running out of time to take a nap. Mom will be home soon, then it's supper, last minute cleaning, because I hate it when Steven comes... I love him, but it's such a stressor when he comes here, I feel like nothing in my life is good enough. Then I stop and think realistically... Maybe he should just bite my ass if he thinks my house is messy, or my kids are unruly and rude. Maybe he should just squeeze a baby out of his ass if he wants a child to mold into a perfect image of himself. My kids are my kids, I love them (for the most part) just the way they are. My home is mine, and it's cluttered (full of great memories and cherished treasures) and stained (proof of a good time had!) and full of dog hair ( they are members of this family, and they leave their things around the house, just like the rest of us, if they had thumbs, they'd pick up after themselves!) There, a mini-vent about Steven... I feel better already, bring him on, the pompous little prick!!

I still have to shower after supper and finish laundry, so I should go get started with food, I don't even know what we're having yet. 247 days until he comes home. That's 246 days too long to wait. Not Fair!!

No comments: