Sunday, July 23

Not too bad

I think because it was a short visit, it wasn't too bad having him here. I met them for a few drinks Friday night when they got into town, that was nice. Karaoke with the locals is always good for a few laughs.

Saturday they came over, and I showed them all of our projects and was disappointed in their reactions. Or rather, their lack of reaction... Jerks. Even Mark this time, they were both all "yeah, that's nice". Fine, go home. Jerks.

We decided to take the kids and my dogs to go swimming. We went to Sauer Lake (thank you JP) and the kids jumped right in the water, and Steven and Mark set their lawn chairs in the shade and sat... The last time I took Hailey to water, she was not impressed, didn't really care for it. THIS TIME... WOW she loved it!! I can't help but wonder if Comet was part of the reason. Comet took to the water like she was born for it, and maybe Hailey, with her jealousy issues, didn't want that little brat making her look bad. They were both swimming and playing and making us laugh, it was a lot of fun. I forgot the camera, but Steven took some pictures with his phone, and said he would send them to me so I can pass them on to JP. I will be taking mom and her dogs with us out there next week on her day off. There are shade trees right by the water, so mom doesn't have to worry about being in the sun.

We drove back to town, dropped off the dogs, and went to the Beachfront Grill for lunch, sat out on the patio, it was very nice. I had a talk with the kids on the drive from the lake to the house, about how important it was that they behave, so Steven doesn't feel the need to yell at them, so I don't yell at them and snap at Steven... best behavior, please. For the most part, they did good, but you know Steven, it's never good enough, unless they are silent mindless robots doing his bidding.

After mom got home from work, we chatted a bit, then made supper, of course, we had just had lunch a few hours earlier, but it was so good, I didn't mind, and I still ate too much. But the nice thing is we now have wonderful leftovers to last us a few days. I don't care what the stereotype of gay men is, they're not all polite and proper. Neither of them said "thank you" or "wow, good food, thanks"... jerks.

The tension left about 9 pm last night. I feel better and I know it will be a good 6 months minimum before I have to deal with this again.

I just loved having my girls in the water, and when we go again, I'm going to teach mom to run the camcorder so JP can see it. He will be very happy to hear this news about our girls.
I love you honey, I will talk to you soon!

No comments: