Tuesday, June 27

I'm a much better student this time around

Got another grade on our latest journal entries. Last time it was 38/35... This time was 44/40. I got an A on the first paper we handed in, and I handed in the second one tonight. I've also got a rough draft of another paper (she LOVES to overlap them and really screw with our minds) that's due Thursday. It's supposed to be 4 pages long, and I'm getting there. I sat down with it tonight, after working on it last Friday and again Monday night and I've got 3 pages so far. I still have the conclusion to do, and I'm betting I can stretch some other points out a bit more and get to 4. The one I handed in tonight was also supposed to be 4 pages, but I got chatty and did 5 pages. This one is tough though, the others were more personal, opinion type papers, and I can talk forever about what I know and what I think. This one I'm struggling with is an analysis of an essay we read. It's an essay by a middle aged black man from a ghetto who now has a literary PhD and teaches college in Wyoming, and also has a brother in prison for life for his part in a murder/robbery. I simply cannot relate to ANYTHING this man has to say. I am supposed to figure out what lessons can be learned from this author's story (don't shoot people?) and his style of writing... PITA (pain in the ass)!!!!

I miss JP. I've all but given up on missing him here, why even mention it? It has simply become a fact of my life... I miss seeing him online. I miss having long chats with him when everyone else in the house is in bed and it's quiet... Like our own little private time.

Ok, that's it, I'm going to bed.

No comments: