Sunday, March 1

Working for a living, more stories to tell

I work pull tabs every other weekend, NORMALLY. The girl who works the other weekends had a baby last week. I knew this was coming and had offered to help/cover some of her shifts. So with my ok, I am scheduled to work EVERY Saturday and EVERY Sunday in March. It will effectively double my paychecks and give me more chances at tips. Nice.... yes. Exhausting? Probably. I am sure that by April I will be ready for a day off.

Speaking of April, I have a vacation then. I'm taking the 6th through the 10th off. Since I can't get any vacation time during the actual summer (thanks to me NOT being the boss' pet) this is the closest I can get. But during that week, JP and I are going to get away. Not far away, just a couple of hours. There's a lodge in Brainerd that we stayed at once before. The pool area is enormous, darn near a water park. We are going to go during the middle of the week, and off season, should be cheaper. Oh, and just us, no kids. Mom is going to keep them here, they'll have school anyway. We need some time away together, and I am really looking forward to it.

I started thinking about my 'book' tonight at work, too. There are several characters in it that I am curious about. Unanswered questions that, as it turns out, I have the answers to. I may end up turning this 'book' into a long short story, and include it with the stories of these other characters into some sort of book that way. Yes, I guess one could say that I am putting off calling it "done", and therefor putting off sending it off to get my rejections, too. That may well be, but... (hell, I can't think of a good comeback, so shut up... there, that's a good, weak, overused and ineffective comeback)

My mom is talking about Comet's puppies already. We aren't even sure she's pregnant, won't know for a minimum of a week or so. We've talked about what she'd name her little pup. So far she's liking Chloe. I love this idea. Her registered name would be Lady Chloe Katlyn... it's a lineage thing with the rest of the name, but we'd call her Chloe. Mom's original Golden was Zoey. I think it's a great way to give a nod to the origin of the breed in our family, and yet to give the new one a chance to make her own way, be her own dog.

I'm tired, and I have to work again tomorrow... so I will go to bed watching the end of "LOTR: Return of the King" and try to start fresh tomorrow. Vacation is over, tomorrow is back to same shit, different day (code here for "the boss is back in town!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm SO glad you are going on a vacay with the hubby. You will rekindle old fires I am hoping.

You'll be proud of that money by April. Good for you!

PUPPIES!! I can't wait to see pics.