Sunday, March 15

How come nobody told ME to build a friggin' ark!?

We had blizzards last week, Tuesday was pretty bad, kids were out of school. Wednesday was all about blowing it around, zero visibility, kids were out of school. Starting Saturday, it was warming up. Today was in the mid 40's.

And the water started POURING into the basement. We have a finished basement, in fact, my Mom's bedroom, and Eric's bedroom are both down here, as is the family room. On the west end of the house, where the two bedrooms are located we now have a wading pool.

I was upset about mom's room, but it does happen there darn near every spring, but NEVER this bad. I felt awful for her, we have to move her out of there to get the sump thing going that we've been putting off. Kind of forced the issue now.

But when I walked in to Eric's room to check his... I just burst into tears. That poor kid. The entire room is soaked. You squish when you walk across the carpet. His room has NEVER flooded before... well, it wasn't even his room last time we worried about flooding.

He just got moved into this room last summer. It was Alex's room, but he was a naughty mischief maker who snuck out the egress window and got his room swapped with Eric's... upstairs. Right across the hall from Mom and Dad's room. So he could be watched closer. So Mr. Eric, once thrilled to have a MUCH bigger room is now crushed. He will also be moved out so that clean up and repairs can be done.

It's after midnight, Mom and Eric are sleeping upstairs, Mom on the sofa and Eric on the loveseat. I am in Mom's room, taking the first shift. The first shift of running the shop vac to suck up the water... we finally got ahead of it. It's still coming in, but instead of a river, it's down to a stream...It's a 12 gallon shop vac and I lost count of how many times we have emptied it. The water is coming in from several points along the outside walls... where the wall meets the floor.

Needless to say, I put in a call to my boss, at home, around 7 pm asking if I could take a vacation day tomorrow. JP is also taking the day off, as is Mom. We three adults will finish getting Mom's stuff out of here, and get Eric's room emptied out, too. Then JP can start doing this trough thing along the walls, leading the water to the sump pump area we have designated in the bathroom that shares a wall with Mom's bedroom.

Oh, and also tomorrow, I am taking Naughty back from whence she came. She IS living up to her name. I have never in all my life of owing cats had a problem teaching a cat to shit in the litter box. On Saturday we decided to "super clean" the laundry room. Found piles of cat shit behind the laundry table, some 'fresh' some not so fresh... not happy. Got the cats all set up with their own little area, fresh litter and their food, all set up, their own private area, with NO easy access for the dogs... within HOURS of doing this (this is after scrubbing the floor with odor killer etc) I found a pile of cat shit WITHIN A FOOT... yes, 12 inches away from the litter box.
With all the problems I am having living on the Titanic, I don't need to deal with cat shit, too.
My biggest concern now is the money. First off, I paid $70 to "rescue" this little bitch. Then I paid $165 for the spay and declaw just over a week ago. Now, with her being "defective"... am I going to get any kind of refund???

Probably not... the way things have been going for me lately... probably not.
Oh. And I smoked my last cigarette at about 6pm Sunday night. By 7:30 I had bummed a pack off my mom. This stress shit is not the best time for me to be bitchy and jonesin' for a smoke...

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh no! I'm sorry about the flooding - what a pain! I hope the rooms are dried out soon.

Scott from Oregon said...

I just discovered our dishwasher melted a hole in itself and has been leaking for the past six months...

I'll be doing some flooring soon myself...

What a fucking mess.

The best time to quit smoking is a four day weekend.

Anonymous said...

What a circus you've got!!! I'm sorry about the flooding, but my sorry doesn't do much from a few states away. Hope you got it cleaned up. Will mom/son be able to move back down this spring?

Dog gone cat!! It must not like that litter box. Hope he learns his lesson fast bc I'm thinking you with not cigs won't put up with the fucker long.