Saturday, March 21

In the trenches

In a couple of ways, we are in the trenches.
First, JP rented the jackhammer and got the concrete floor broke up at the outside edges of the affected rooms, so we are in the process of cleaning up broken concrete and then we can do the drain tile thingy and the sump pump thingy (I use the word "thingy" when I don't fully understand stuff, so bear with me!)

We (and by that, I mean ME!) are also in the trenches of this whole bill pay-off thingy. I'm happy to see the first two targets shrinking... our anytime credit 'loan' attached to our checking account is down to roughly $600 (usually maxed out at $1500) and the Menard's bill (which funny, was also $1500 in January when we got the dishwasher and double ovens) is at $1000, with a $400 payment scheduled for 2 weeks from now.

I decided to attack 2 bills at a time, because I pay bills twice a month, every two weeks, really. So I grabbed the two smallest ones, that are normally paid on opposite paydays.

When those two are done, roughly by May, I will pop the Menard's money to the military card, and the anytime payment to Discover. Those two are bigger, both around 4K... so those will take longer. But getting rid of the two little ones first will feel good.

But in the back of my mind, I have to keep thinking about how expensive this remodel is going to be, AND the fact that both my sons had consultations with my old Orthodontist last week.

Insurance covers SOME of it, better than they did with me (because they DIDN'T cover me... YOU SUCK BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD!) ... oh, sorry, tangent... anyway, even with part of it covered by insurance, that still leaves a big chunk for us to make up... so instead of things getting easier, they just keep coming at me making simply living more difficult.

I'm tired, worked at the bank this morning, and pull tabs tonight. JP is gone all weekend, so at least I have the bed to myself, without ear plugs. Mom and I are going to Fargo in the morning, then I work pull tabs again tomorrow.
And the hits just keep on comin'!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw all the flooding in ND on the news. Hope your rain has stopped.

Good job on paying down the debt. I'll trade your discovercard balance for mine...$8K. How am I single with NO KIDS and have THAT much credit card debt??? ugh...I'm tackling mine too. I don't use it for ANYTHING and I pay $400 each month. I should have it paid off in 2 years. We can do this!!!