Sunday, March 8

Money comes and money goes

So just Friday I was all up on my soapbox about how things have to change, and although I am proud of myself for not giving in on the cigarettes, I DID splurge a bit yesterday when we ran to Fargo. I bought myself a new pair of jeans. Let it be said that before, I had TWO pairs of jeans, both size 10's, that I've been belting to 'make it work' since early fall. I've owned the jeans for probably 5 years, just been too small for them since the fall. So I found myself a new pair of jeans.... ONE pair, on CLEARANCE for less than $20 in a size... 6!! I also got myself a new swim suit... JP and I are going on our little getaway in a few weeks, and the main thing is a water park, and I didn't have a suit that fit me... so I got a new one. Maybe I'll take a picture of me in it and post it... maybe not.

So I feel a little guilty about spending that money, but honestly it was for stuff I NEEDED, and NOT cigarettes, so I guess it had to be done.

Another thing I did Friday that I'm pleased with myself for... I got my yearly raise, and it was 2.25%, and I raised my 401K amount by 1%... so more for me when I'm old and gray, and with still getting 1.25% added to my check I won't even notice the rest. Take care of it now, and take care of it in years to come...

Now I'm going to veg with ANTM and Pogo.com until I fall asleep... have a great week, y'all!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Nope, nothing to feel even the slightest hint of guilt about. There's quite a difference in fit between a 10 and a 6 (and by the way - yeehaw! I know you worked for it, and good job!) and it's not unreasonable to want pants that fit.

Excellent news about the smokes, too. My date is April 1, when I hear cigarettes will cost almost $3 more a pack than they do now. Between health and money and finally having enough of being a smoker, enough is enough. Blaze that trail, please! I'm right behind you.

Nikky said...

Please, Melissa, don't talk about blazing! I'm down to 2 packs of smokes, and then I'm done. I keep telling myself "not this time" when I feel the urge for one... not this time, wait a while longer, make them last! But it's hard...
and I THOUGHT I had some Zyban left in the medicine cabinet to help me thru, but I can't find it!